The Library stewards a collection that includes over 70,000 items, the vast majority of which are available for circulation. This includes a permanent collection of over 4,000 DVDs, all available free of charge. For those with visual impairments, we have a collection of large print books, audiobooks on CD, and downloadable eBooks with customizable fonts and audio options.
If an item in the permanent collection is not on the shelf, you may request a hold at the circulation desk and we will call and email you when the item becomes available. You may also place holds online through the library’s catalog. There is no fee for this service.
If the Library does not have a particular book or other item you want, you can request that we borrow it from another library in New Jersey through InterLibrary Loan (ILL). This service may take as few as one or two days, or as long as several weeks, depending upon the location and processing systems of the lending library. The fee for this service is 50 cents for a book and $1.50 for a DVD. You must be a member of the library for 30 days before using this service. If you order an item through ILL and no longer want it when it arrives at the library, you will still be charged for the service.
Books and CDs may be borrowed for 21 days and renewed once, either at the Library, by calling (856) 858-0649, or by accessing your account online. These items can be renewed once unless that item is on hold for another patron, or if the item is a Summer Reading title. DVDs circulate for one week and may be renewed once. Games circulate for one week and cannot be renewed. Museum passes are due four days from the date of checkout, and cannot be renewed. If you wish to borrow an item beyond the borrowing period, you can pay the extended use fee, or you can return the item to the shelves for 7 days, and then check it out again.
Adults may borrow a total of 15 items, of which no more than three may be DVDs or CDs. Adults may borrow one game at a time, and one Museum Pass at a time. Children may borrow up to five items; they are limited to books and CDs. For both adults and children, there is a limit of three books per subject, author, or series, and a limit of 3 magazines, regardless of title. Depending on school assignments, we occasionally need to place circulation limits on certain types of items in the Young People’s Department.
- There is a 10 cents per day/per item extended use fee for books, with a maximum fee of $2 per item. Overdue books may be placed in the navy blue-colored book drops located outside the Library building and any fees paid later;
- There is a 10 cents per day/per item extended use fee for CDs, with a maximum fee of $2 per item;
- There is a $1 per day/per item extended use fee for DVDs and games, with a maximum fee of $5 per title.
- There is a $5 per day extended use fee for Museum Passes, the maximum fee is the full cost of the pass. Please note that Museum Passes have a shorter borrowing period than most items; they are due four days after the date of checkout.
- Any lost or damaged item will be charged at full price, plus $3 processing.
Anyone incurring fees over $10 may not borrow items from the Library and cannot be logged in to the Library’s public use computers.
Starting January 1st, 2017, we will require each patron to present his or her library card or valid photo I.D. with current address when checking-out items, renewing materials, making account inquiries, or making hold requests.